|Address||Im Neuenheimer Feld 229
|Group||STACY - Palaeoclimate dynamics and variability|
- Statistical climate reconstructions from pollen records
- Climate variability on millennial to orbital timescales
- Proxy-model comparison
- Temperature-precipitation relationship
- Interdisciplinary climate impact studies
Anna is writing her master’s thesis in the STACY working group at the Institute of Environmental Physics. As part of her thesis, she is researching the long timescale covariability of temperature and precipitation and the zonal structure of their orbital- and millennial-scale variations, by statistically reconstructing the paleaoclimate of the last Glacial period from multiple high-resolution pollen records at mid-latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere and comparing them with climate simulations.
- Cantalloube, F., Milli, J., Böhm, C., Crewell, S., Navarrete, J., Rehfeld, K. Sarazin, M. and Sommani, A.: The impact of climate change on astronomical observations, Nature Astronomy 4, 826–829, doi:10.1038/s41550-020-1203-3, 2020.
- Sommani, A., Weitzel, N., and Rehfeld, K.: Northern Hemisphere temperature to precipitation relationships during the last Glacial from pollen records and climate simulations, EGU 2020, Display: , doi:10.5194/egusphere-egu2020-7293.
- Weitzel, N, Adam, M., Sommani, A., and Rehfeld, K.: A spatio-temporal view of variability in pollen records during the last Glacial, EGU 2020, Display: , doi:10.5194/egusphere-egu2020-7492.